Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday ramblings

Sometimes I just can't bring myself to get up. For example, almost every Saturday. Like today. I generally get up with C., or shortly thereafter and go downstairs get my computer and go back to bed. Our bed is so cozy with the window opened just a tiny bit and our heavy down comforter over me. I sit here in bed sometimes for an hour and can still be up and moving by 8 or 9. It's one of my favorite times. I catch up on my email and whatever else I've been neglecting because truthfully, I'm generally allergic to my computer on weeknights.

My brother T. and his wife are finally expecting their first child after many years of infertility. It's so exciting. I'm sure it's too early to ask but I'm wondering if they've talked about siblings. C. and I were talking last night about it and I said that it would be especially great to get pregnant this year because then they won't be the only ones in the family that have little ones. And neither will we!

Tonight's GAME NIGHT at friends' house. They've got a pre-schooler who's just starting to be able to play big girl games and we try to get together about once a month to have dinner and some evening family fun. It's really a great way to slow life down and live in the moment. Tonight's dinner is (of course) Irish-themed but I think we'll skip the after-dinner jig in favor of Candyland or something.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

Thanks, One Half!

link away :-)

ok if I link back?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home