Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Spring has sprung!

Spring has sprung! Well, not quite. The meteorologists are calling for snow this week. Will this winter ever end?

I'm feeling a bit melancholy today. I went into the Dr's office for the last IUI. As always, I'm cautiously optimistic about the chances, but at the same time quite realistic. The most difficult part was looking at all the leftover stim meds and realizing that for the first time in almost 4 years, I didn't need to "save them for the next cycle". It was far more difficult that the decision to stop...although maybe that's because I hadn't really finalized the decison after all. Now that I've done it, though, I do feel much better. Interestingly enough, they didn't give me the "you're at high risk for multiples" speech this time. At first it was funny, but as time goes by, it gets just plain irritating. It's been over a year since I've heard it. I guess they've figured out that I'm just not in a high risk group for pregnancy, let alone any kind of multiple.


C. and I have already made a few plans for our time off this spring but as usual he's holding out hope that this IUI cycle will work and we'll have to modify the plans anyway. God love him -- he's always so optimistic and hopeful about our future.

I guess I should go dig out the list of things I've committed to doing. Where's my mop?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home