Saturday, February 25, 2006

My life is not my own

Boy does this IF stuff suck. Major league.

I was reminded the other day of a conversation I had with a friend several years ago. We were just beginning our attempt at creating a family and she was sharing her sister's experiences. S. told me that her sister had done IVF treatments and she had to take several shots every day all the way through the treatments and even after she got pregnant. She said she had to have a shot every day throughout her pregnancy. I have a vivid memory of thinking to myself "What kind of crazy person would go through *that* just to get pregnant?"

So today as I was taking my second shot..... I realized that you just have to ask yourself "do you want to have a baby, or not?" Sometimes if you answer yes, you gotta take shots. Period. Of course, nothing goes as planned, right? Take my current IVF cycle, for example. I've been trying to get this off the ground since August. I finally started stimming Wednesday. I've been doing fine with the shots until today. Today, when I tried to get my Gonal-F into my belly, I could feel 225IU of the medicine run down my belly. Hmmmm. That's strange, I thought it was supposed to go through the needle that's already jabbed deep under my belly skin. Guess i was wrong! So i wasted abouuuut ... eh ... probably 200 dollars worth of FSH. Nice. I called the clinic and asked what to do 'cause i wasn't exactly sure how much, if any, of the medicine actually got under my skin. They told me to take an additional 150 units. So i dialed in another 225 and injected.

I'm such a rebel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home