Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Donut Eggs, Anyone??

ACME IVF CLINIC
DONOR EGG RECIPIENT MATCHING FORM


Recipient(s): Debbi & spouse
Date: February 28, 2006
Female Recipient Blood Type: O-

“MY IDEAL DONOR”

Race / Ethnic Background: Irish/Italian (I suppose the Italian can be substituted for “Mediterranean”)
Height Range:5’2’’ – 5’7’’ (should I really care about this? My mother’s much taller than me… maybe 5’8’’ or so… is that important?)
Weight Range: 120 – 180 (again… does ANYone say “since I’m a fat pig, please be sure my donor has a bmi of over 27?)
Body Build: athletic, big boned, etc.
Skin Tone: I go from pasty white in winter to olive in summer and I’m sure without anemia I could be even darker. You do the math.
Hair Color: brunette/auburn (or whatever the crazy cosmetologists are calling it these days)
Hair Type: wavy/thick (it’s probably actually more “voluminous” than “thick” but in case it matters.)
Eye Color: brown or hazel (mine are brown… mom’s hazel)

Please list any other characteristics that are important to you:

  • I’m on the phone with Spouse. He says: “Brown eyes. Brown hair. Pulse. No anorexia” (Remember, he’s a cook)

  • Sense of humor is a must – tell a knock-knock joke. If she doesn’t even chuckle… she’s out. Ditto for outgoing personality. Now, if she listens to your joke and tells you frankly that you should keep your day job, she’s outgoing *and* snarky – a definite keeper.

My additional characteristics:

Not afraid of animals (liking them is a plus)

Other Pluses (but not required): outgoing personality, reading, some education (I have some college, chris is attending college now but neither of us has degrees), hobbies, likes to play games, active outdoors.

But in reality, even if the donor doesn’t have any of these “pluses”, we can force our kid into submission when we feel like playing Scrabble or going rollerblading. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA did I just say “rollerblading?

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Ha! You crack me up! Great way to turn a difficult/weirdish form into engaging and personable reading! Glad to have found your blog...

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

Thanks Kristen.. you're so sweet :)

Debbi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home