Friday, March 31, 2006

Another party's over

Finally. And this time, it's a good thing because the last 2 weeks really sucked.

By the time you read this, I will have release the old entries and you'll know I was pregnant. A little bit, as it turnes out. I went for my first and final ultrasound today. Results: no evidence of pregnancy...anywhere. Believe it or not, this is a good thing because it means that that tricky little embryo didn't decide to cop a squat somewhere outside my uterus. That would be very bad and would mean taking methotrexate. For you unitiated ones, methotrexate is a chemotherapy drug used to kill fast-growing cells. As it happens, an embro falls into this category. I'm not big into cancer drugs and I'd rather avoid taking them thankyewverymuch. So they wanted to wait for bloodwork and scheduled another blood draw & ultrasound for Monday.

Turns out... not necessary. Beta fell to 353 today. Chemical for sure. They want me back for weekly betas until it's 0 but I suspect that means one or 2 more blood draws. Fortunately, I really love my clinic and adore pretty much everyone that works there. There are a couple of exceptions but after some of the horror stories I've heard, I've got ZIP to complain about.

Well, I'm off to social hour. Let me say that managers at work don't often invite the team out for drinks. I'm not one to turn that down.

Another party's begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home