Tuesday, October 17, 2006

All's fair in love and war...

When C. and I developed our new "you're gaining too much weight" strategy, we decided that I'd weigh myself with the same scale at the gym each week and use that number to guage how well we're doing with the strategy. Since I did the first weigh-in on Friday, I'd continue to weigh on Fridays. I broke down today and weighed -- I've lost 2 pounds since last Friday. Lest you think that I've somehow developed an eating disorder in 4 days, let me assure you... NOT TRUE. I still luuuuuv food. It's all part of this strategy. Even the beautiful, yummy steak fries I had for lunch today :-D

On my way home, I got a Vmail from Hitler's office, er, I mean the OB's office on my cell. They said that the quad screen came back "normal", whatever THAT means, and that they'd see me at my next appointment. I always thought there were numbers associated with it -- not just "normal" "not normal". I might ask them when I'm there.

So if you're scoring today -- pretty good day. On the slate for tomorrow: Call The Gap and try to get another pair of pants. I ordered a pair a few weeks ago and they are the most fabulous pants EVER. Now, of course I can't find them in the store and can't figure out which ones they are online.

6 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Congrats on the good news! I loved a certain pair of gap maternity pants and ordered a second pair....and both were worn so much they were totally worn out by the end of my pg.

And for the record, I think your OB is crazy about the weight stuff. Crazy! You are doing great!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I'd say that is one hell of a fantastic day. Glad to hear everything is well with the baby.

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock. Dont understand why you are supposed to be losing weight, though?
Congrats on passing yet another hurdle:)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

that's great news about the scan! i haven't visited in a while so i took a look back... oh man, isn't it crazy how we can dirve ourselves nuts with worry - and then as soon as one worry dissapates, we're on to worrying about the next thing? Man, that is SO me! working on it. i am still lodged in complete disbelief at this point. :)

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger noela said...

Hey, congrats on being "normal"!!!! That's always a refreshing change, isn't it?!? ;)

Nilla

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think in the "normal" world of pregnancy, numbers don't mean much to women. Knowing results came back normal is good enough. You've been so centered on numbers and what they mean as you try to get pregnant, that you just want way more information than the rest of us! But that's okay...just don't get yourself too bogged down with numbers now, except for the ones that really matter. Like your iron. Remember...you're normal now. Well...except that you escaped that lovely little label of "advanced maternity age." ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home