Friday, August 11, 2006

Overachiever!

Had 2 appointments yesterday -- one with the RE and then my first OB appointment.

The RE appointment went great. It's the first time I've seen him since the positive beta. I saw the nurse practitioner for the first ultrasound. He gave me a hug, congratulated me and we got down to business. He pointed out that the first thing they do is look for the heartbeat and he saw that right away. As usual, I just saw big blobs of gray. I did notice that the embryo is now about twice the size of the yolk sac now. The first ultrasound showed them both about the same size. He didn't measure the heartrate today but said that the embryo is measuring almost 8 weeks. I was 7w3d yesterday. He showed me the limb buds, where the arms and legs will form and the brain and the spine. He also told me that everything looked great and there was nothing that was a cause for any concern at this point. Asked me if I wanted to come back in a week. "YES YES YES!" I can't get enough of seeing this little half-cheerio grow. Heck, it'll probably be bigger than a half-cheerio next week.

You should know that I've grown accustomed to sneaking away after lunch and going down to the parking garage to the bus for a nap. I usually get 45 minutes in and it literally gets me through the rest of my day. Yesterday was no exception. I had 90 minutes between the end of the RE appointment and the OB appointment so I went down to my car. It's amazing where one can sleep when they're completely dead on their feet. We've lent our full mattresses/frame to a friend and had them loaded in the car for delivery yesterday so the usual stretch on the back seat was unavailable. I'm not lying when I said that I tilted the steering up, piled up blankets on the center console and slept for over an hour in the public parking garage. Did I mention that I'm really tired? Man, I love the bus.

The OB appointment was very LONG. We got a pile of books and information. They drew blood, collected urine and did a PAP smear. Interestingly, she didn't mention "advanced maternal age" which made me feel better, and I got the impression that we're just average patients. That makes me feel good but yet kinda sad, too.

So next up is another RE appointment in a week, then the Full Integrated Prenatal Risk Profile in 4 weeks and another OB appointment the same day.

3 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Debbi - Thanks for your comment over at my place... congratultions on a successful ultrasound! It must have been wonderful and reassuring to see the little critter. :)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger ellie said...

cool on the u/s. I am glad that things are going well! can't wait for the growth check on next week.

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this is where I get the preggy updates! Sweet! Im so glad for you, dear. The little half cheerio is brilliant. Congrats and a big fat hug ;)

Lauren, aka LaMere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home