Saturday, August 26, 2006

NO! MORE! SHOTS!

OK, I can't help it. It's just so great to not have 1cc of sesame oil injected into my hip every morning anymore. Those effers weren't fun. At all. I got the "AOKAY" at the RE's office yesterday to discontinue the meds. I won't lie -- I'm more than a little nervous about it. I mean, hell, I'm technically not even 10 weeks yet (but don't tell the little overachiever that. It measured 10w2d yesterday). But I do trust Dr. H. and he said it'd be ok, so it must be true.

So yeah, I went for my final RE appointment yesterday. Got a CD with a boatload of pictures on it, including ones from the past 3 weeks. I've replaced the crap ones I put in the last entry with the good ones for those of you keeping score at home. Like I said earlier, fetus was still measuring ahead and the heartrate continues to rise. It was 176 BPM yesterday. I guess that's good, I'm not really sure. Either way, they gave me a copy of my records and kicked me to the curb. They did invite me back to visit sometime, and since my OB's office is on the floor below them in the same medical building, I think I can manage that.

Here are more boring pictures. If you click on one, it will render full-sized. Be sure to click the "back" button to return to read more blog! heh:



ARM!


FEET!


Face:


Fingers:


Legs:


So the bottom line is that I'm just an average pregnant lady now, I guess. It feels weird, reasurring and petrifying all at the same time. I'm quite used to be coddled and spoiled and hope that I don't get lost in that big practice. Dr. H. really loves the OB that I've chosen and told me that during her internship rotation with him, he tried to get her to become an RE -- no go! So there's a recommendation that makes me feel better.

On the non-fertility front, Stella (my Rottweiler) and I have started
RALLY classes. She's a natural! We're training at the same farm where we herd sheep so we've got both activities on the same day. It's going to be fun. She really loves it. Now we actually have homework every night.

Whew! If you've read this far, thanks! You're a true friend. Now, it's pizza time. I'll post more when I can.

4 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. Again. The pictures are incredible, I've never seen ultrasound pics that good before. And congrats on being off the shots!! Now if only I could remember how to knit I could start a blanket for you. :)

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Debbi- WOW! The ultrasound pictures are so cool!! That's a reall little arm there! I find it so wacky to think that mine will look something like that in just three weeks. It must really feel real to you now.

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Arms! Legs! Feet! Face!
fantastic,darling, you are brilliant. Im so proud of you! Keep it up.

Love, Lauren

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note that I DID make it to the end of this post! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home