Sunday, August 20, 2006

You're doomed -- the pictures have already started

It won't end now. Seriously. You think pictures of vacation, trips to visit family and parties are boring, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I've already started with the pictures of the baby. AHAHAHAHAHA.

I finally got some ready but first the update: RE appointment Friday. Everything looks good. Fetus measured 6 days ahead (9w3d) and it's hand was wiggling. Heartrate was 170. The ultrasound tech told us that over the next few weeks we'll start to see the heartrate go down as the nervous system matures and starts to have more control. I've got one more visit next week -- I "graduate" to my OB next Friday. I'll hopefully be able to go off the PIO injections and the Estrogen patches soon after. I guess I'll find out then. And speaking of PIO, C. hit a blood vessel (or vein... whatever) for the first time ever yesterday. Man, that gets messy. I bled all over the place. It was uglier than it was uncomfortable.

OK, here are the pictures... First, here are the embryos that they transferred:






This one's from 6w3d. It's the first time we saw the heartbeat. You can see the yolk sac below and to the right of the embryo.



This one's from 7w3d -- The yolk sac is to the left of the embryo. No heartrate was measured but the Dr. pointed out to us that the limb buds are beginning to form. Notice that the embryo is about twice the size of the yolk sac in a week's time.



These last two are from Friday. I'm 8w4d but the embryo is measuring 9w3d. The form of the body is really starting to get visible and the hand was wiggling when the pictures were being taken.





4 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too frickin' cool!! I love these pics, it's just so amazing. :)

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Look at that little peanut! ;-)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Wonderful!!!!!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger ellie said...

oh my gosh-- these are sweet! It's so funny how when you know there is a little person in there the pictures totally don't look like little blobs anymore.
You sound like you are doing great- I am so glad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home