Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tipping the scales... Literally

Ok, I could have been sucking in my abs more, but this is a picture taken at 15w6d. It was also taken prior to the asskicking I got from the OB wednesday.

Other than the asskicking, which I'll get to later, the appointment was great. Bloodwork still normal, including iron count (no supplemental iron necessary) and folate. Urine is normal (sugar & protein). Blood pressure is also still low. She listened to the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and said it's great.

But she says I'm gaining too much weight. I've gained 9 pounds total so far and because I'm tracking for 30 pounds total she's concerned. Honestly, I'm not too concerned. I'm doing my own tracking and have gained 2 pounds since 11 weeks. I must have seriously packed on some pounds between 8 & 11 weeks. Plus, C. is making my meals now to take to work and we're having lighter dinners (salads, etc.) so I'm not going to bed with such a full stomach. We'll see how it works. I expect it'll be fine.

In other news, my parents have graciously offered to buy us a crib. Mom sent me a link to one style that caught her eye, and I really like it. My parents are coming out to visit us for Christmas (our first out-of-town Christmas guests since we moved here 11 years ago!) and we'll go look for cribs and order one then. I'm also planning to do the registry then. Lordy, I can't believe I'm actually planning to do a gift registry!!

Next appt: Level II ultrasound (fetal growth scan), November 8

8 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look awesome!! Pregnancy agrees with you. :)

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbir/i mean Debbie!

thanks for pointing me towards your blog. you seem like you are doing so well, and have gotten pretty far... and somehow, you are one of the tiny majority of women who totally skip morning sickness. well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

take care.

amazonwoman

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look great, I don't understand why they are on your ass about your weight? Maybe I missed something but in healthy pregnancies aren't your suppose to gain 25 to 30 pounds?
Love the crib also!!!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Woohoooo! Eh, your doc sounds like a bit of an alarmist! So long as you're not gobbling up donuts and stuff, your weight gain seems totally normal!

Keep up the great work! (Crib is very nice, btw).

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I think you look beautiful and the crib is gorgeous. Congrats on the pregnancy, I hope to be joining you in your journey.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what if I look like you 6dp3dt! Ha! I'd find a new OB, if you are thinking that Hitler's office is on the phone now, wait until later. I love my great gyn and of course he's an OB too. I couldn't imagine doing this without him.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUN! You look Bee-utiful! Seeing your belly brought a tear to my eye. So happy for you sweetie. I want registry info when the time comes!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger noela said...

You look great! Congrats on the pregnancy!! :)

Hope things continue to go well for you...

Thanks for your comments at my blog.

Take care,
Nilla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home