Tuesday, April 08, 2008

on blogging


The truth is, I miss it when I don't post. I was thinking about it today and was wondering why I seem so attracted to typing out my random thoughts and then inviting anyone to read it. First off, why should someone care? But okay let's just say that someone does care. Why would I want to share most of this stuff with people anyway? Some of it's personal but really most of it is just plain weird. But I do it because I do. I'm not sure it's strong enough to be a need but I'm really drawn to it. The whole idea of blogging and reading others' blogs fascinates me and I spend hours getting caught up with folks that I grow a great fondness for. The community, by and large, is hugely attractive.

I think being physically isolated is probably a big factor. The transition back to a rural area is proving challenging. I wouldn't change it for a minute but I frequently find myself missing being involved in a fast paced lifestyle. Just things like being connected. Not many people really "on the internet" here in the same way my friends in Seattle are.

My spiffy new computer helps, too. It's so sweet! We've been running Vista Ultimate on our 4 or 5 year old Inspiron 8200 with only 512MB of memory. That just hurts. It does okay but we try not to work it too hard so it doesn't just implode. I think it's got some hardware issues, too. The hard drive sounds like it's going to melt any second.

Spring is here and it's a perfect time to begin again.




You know, I never introduced this blog and people read it. Then, I disappear. So it seems apt that I return without comment.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HALLO AGAIN!!

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI FREAK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home