Saturday, June 17, 2006

KETCHUP!

So the donor cycle is going well. I have some catching up to do with it:

I had the sonohystogram on June 1 and it went very well. Uterus is normal and I had a couple of corpus luteal cysts on my ovaries. *sigh* What else is new? In hindsight, I should have raised a red flag, but we live and learn. I stayed on Lupron (.1cc daily) and stopped birth control on Sunday, June 4.

Last Friday, June 9, I went back for a supression check. BIG FAT NEGATIVE. One of the cysts was 45mm. Soooo. I doubled up on the lupron and started .2cc daily with instructions to return yesterday. By Monday I was freaking out. My coordinator, M. was OOF so I had an email thread with the other coordinator, F. She didn't give me a whole lot of confidence and I really freaked out. Specifically, she told me that if I wasn't supressed Thursday, there were 2 options: either complete the cycle and freeze the embryos for transfer when I'm ready or delay the cycle until next month. Neither of these options sounded very good to me. Waiting another cycle is bad for a couple of reasons: 1. My donor wants to do this cycle early and 2. that really just gives me time to grow more cysts. I mean, time is not on my side in this situation. Freezing for this cycle doesn't appeal to me either because success rates are better with fresh cycles. I was wondering why we couldn't just keep the donor on birth control pills for a few more days until I was ready to start. She wrote back that they did ask the donor to stay on the pills for 5 more days and then said "We can’t make any promises as to her availability." OK I don't know what that means, but it's not good and I don't need to hear something like that.

Tuesday, C. had to go into the office to learn how to give my PIO shots (they're IM shots given beginning 3 days prior to transfer and continue thru 1st trimester) and while he was there, talked to M. about my concerns, mostly related to the cysts and what will happen if I'm not supressed when I return. She made C. feel much better and when he came to the office for lunch, we called her together and I felt SO much better after I talked to her. She assured me that things would work out just FINE. She told me that she's been in contact with my donor and she's still 100% committed to my cycle and would wait for me until I'm ready. She also told me that she's confident that I'd be supressed for my next appointment.

Yesterday, I went for another supression check and the cysts were still there, of course. They were about half the size, which still makes them pretty big. Fortunately though, the e2 was under 50 so I started estrogen patches last night -- 2 patches every other day until Monday then increase to 3 patches every other day. At some point I'll move to 4 patches but that's at least a week away. While I was at the REs yesterday, I had a lovely meltdown beginning with the fact that I sat in the waiting room for over 30 minutes for my appointment. Pretty much an overall bad day but here's a safety tip if you're interested: if you have a meltdown at the office, you get to see the donor coordinator, the PA and the RE all at the same time, while the phlebotomist is drawing your blood! I guess someone must have said "uh, you better go talk that Debbi off the ledge -- she's about ready to blow a gasket." Which is fine with me.


Today, I noticed after my workout that I was bleeding. Hey, I guess I'm really supressed! it's extremely light now and M. tells me that when the e2 level starts to rise, the bleeding will stop and I'll start to build my nice, fluffy lining. *WHEW*

Next up: Donor starts stims early next week and I go for lining check next Monday the 26th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home