Sunday, June 25, 2006

Have another one, buddy!

Yesterday, a friend and I went to visiting hours at an inpatient addiction treatment center. We met there so I could drop off her daughter to her there. She and I went to the party store to buy some supplies for a birthday party later in the day. After I dropped off her daughter and left, I realized about 2 miles away that I had the kid's booster seat with me. So I called her to tell her that I had it and I was on my way back with it. Imagine my surprise when I heard her phone ringing in my car. (in addition to leaving her cell phone in my car, she also left her wallet. Nice!) Then my phone rang. Caller ID showed a number I didn't recognize. I answered. It was her telling me that I had her phone and car seat. So I get her stuff back to her and go about my day. Flash forward to about 8:00 last night.

My phone rings again with the same strange number. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hello?
Strange Sounding Guy: uh, Hello?
Me: Helllloo?
SSG: uh, Hello?
Me: Hello?

SSG: Who's this?
Me: This is Debbi.
SSG: Hello?
Me: Helllloooo?
SSG: Who's this?
Me: This is Debbi. Who's this?
SSG: uh, your number's on my phone
Me: That's because you lent your phone to someone earlier today so she could call me.
SSG: OH! I was at (treatment center) today.
Me: Riiiiiiight
SSG: Hello?
Me: Hellllloo?
(line gets quiet at this point)
Me: Who belongs at rehab, anyway?

I hung up and thought... Yeah, have another one, Pal. You should have just stayed there.

WTF?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home