Saturday, July 01, 2006

Drown a cold

I picked up a nasty bug somewhere. I can't be certain where and it really doesn't matter but about 8 people are taking responsibiliy for it. Everyone from K's kids to people at work and the DE coordinator at my RE's office. It's mostly cold with a tractor-trailer full of congestion in my sinuses. This, of course, means a horrible hacking phlemy cough. That's the worst part.

I started feeling bad last Sunday night and was feeling better by Tuesday. I really thought I was out of the woods and was on the downhill side. HA. Not so much. By yesterday morning, I couldn't talk because my throat was so shredded. It was so bad that I got kicked out of my office by my cow-orkers. At my company..that's BAD. The good news is that I'm feeling OK -- it's just the cough and congestion that's making me miserable. Oh yeah, and the raging headache that goes with it. By and large, Tylenol and Sudafed are taking care of it during the day and TylenolPM is taking care of it at night. At least I'm getting some sleep.

In the meantime, I've been drinking water and juice like it's going out of style. I never remember if you're supposed to "starve a cold and feed a fever" or "feed a cold and starve a fever" because I've never subscribed to either one. I've always drowned everything. It's something I picked up from my mom. And she should know -- she's a trained nurse. It always seemed that her answer to every ailment is "are you drinking plenty of fluids?"

On the cycling front... tomorrow is my donor's retrieval. C. has to be there at 7:45 am. I guess there's no rest for the wicked. Since I'm so sick, he's willing to "take matters into his own hands" so I don't have to go. He's such a wanker. Get it? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

So the ongoing schedule looks something like this:
  • Donor triggered last night for Sunday morning retrieval -- >15 follicles -- PERFECT :-)
  • I'll get the egg count tomorrow sometime
  • Last Lupron tonight
  • Continue 4 Vivelle patches for tonight's change and then Monday change to 2 new ones -- continue on 2 patches every other day until directed otherwise
  • PIO begins Sunday MORNING: 1/2 cc - Increase to 1 cc Tuesday and continue 1cc daily until directed otherwise
  • C. has to be at the clinic at 7:45 tomorrow morning
  • Monday we'll get a fertilization report and we'll know then if we're going to try to go to blast for Friday transfer. If not, we'll have a Wednesday (day 3) transfer
Wish us luck.

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

Thanks for popping in on my blog.


I hope you are feeling better soon and
Good Luck !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home